Delight in exploring the solar system, from the Sun to the smallest moons of Saturn and out to the coldest, darkest, farthest reaches of Pluto. Gaze down and marvel at our solar system from above. Look up in wonder at the rings of Saturn. Feel the awe of floating in space around worlds no human has yet set foot on. Understand how the constellations of our night sky are made up of stars distant to each other in both space and time. Embrace the impossible distances of our solar system and the inordinate scale of our universe.
Star Chart VR is the virtual reality version of the hugely successful augmented reality astronomy & star gazing app - Star Chart - downloaded by over 25 million people world-wide.
Features currently include:
- NEW! Launch room that enables you to choose from 3 different Star Chart modes as well as easily access the tutorial.
- An accurate real-time simulation of the visible stars and planets as you see them from Earth
- A 3D solar system to explore, including the Sun, the planets and major moons
- All 88 constellations based on the beautiful artwork of 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius
- Thousands of the most visible stars of the night sky
- Named geological surface features on most of the rocky planets and moons of the solar system.
- NEW! Set foot on the surfaces of the moon and Mars, in our new Moments in Time experience. We've recreated some of the most memorable moments in the history of human space exploration, from the Apollo 11 Moon Landing to the Mars Science Laboratory's Curiosity Rovers exploration of Mars.
- NEW! The location of active Meteor Shower Radiances are now shown in our new Sky View mode.
- NEW! Messier Objects can now be found and selected.
Feel free to provide us with your thoughts, feedback and feature requests. We are constantly updating Star Chart on all major platforms, and we appreciate your help and thoughts - your feedback is often used to improve Star Chart. For more information on Star Chart as well as details on how to get access to it on other platforms and devices, please visit: www.starchart.info
* Please note: This version of Star Chart requires a Daydream-ready phone, HMD (head mounted device) and a Daydream controller to work.
What's New in Star Chart VR v1.1.3
- - New Launch Room
- - New Orbiting method
- - New laser selection method
- - New Moments In Time feature, with Apollo 11 (Moon) & Curiosity (Mars) scenes
- - Teleporting and scene object selection in Moments in Time
- - 3d previews of stars & planets on controller
- - Selectable Messiers
- - Selectable Meteor Showers