Headspace: Meditation & Sleep
Current Version 3.55.0
Requires Android 4.4 and up
Content Rating Everyone
Updated March 06, 2020
Get it on Google Play
What this meditation and sleep app does:
○The Headspace meditation app teaches you how to breathe, meditate, and live mindfully. It’s even been proven to improve focus. There are exercises on everything from managing anxiety and stress relief to breathing, happiness, calm, and focus. Don’t worry if you’ve never meditated before. There’s a free Basics course that will teach you the essentials of meditation and mindfulness.
In the Sleep by Headspace experience, you’ll find sleep meditations, sleep sounds, and specially-designed sleepcasts to guide you to a place of rest. Sleep by Headspace was built around the needs of restless sleepers so the screen is darker and the buttons are easy to find. After all, no one wants to look at a bright screen at night. It’s perfect whether you have trouble falling asleep, or you wake up in the middle of the night.
○ Train and calm your mind in just a few minutes a day with guided meditations
○ Learn classic meditation and relaxation techniques to help you relax, manage your stress and anxiety, and on different topics like creativity and sleep
○ Add some mindfulness to your day with push notifications that remind you to be present and breathe
○ Sleep sounds to create truly restful nights
What themes the meditations cover:
Courses: Each course has a series of guided meditations designed to help you skillfully manage different topics and form healthy habits. Learn to breathe during an anxiety attack, get some stress relief when you’re being hard on yourself, or relax during a stressful day.
○ Stress & anxiety meditation courses include: Managing Anxiety, Letting Go of Stress, Restlessness, Navigating Change
○ Falling asleep & waking up meditation courses include: Sleep, Restlessness
○ Personal growth meditation courses include: Relationships, Self-esteem, Kindness, Happiness, Acceptance, Appreciation, Balance, Patience, Generosity
○ Work & productivity meditation courses include: Finding Focus, Prioritization, Productivity, Creativity
○ Life challenges meditation courses include: Transforming Anger, Handling Sadness, Dealing with Regret, Self-esteem, Grieving
○ Movement and sport meditation courses include: Motivation, Focus, Training, Competition, Communication, Analysis, Recovery, Rehab, Concentration
○ Physical health meditation courses include: Mindful Eating, Coping with Cravings, Pain Management, Pregnancy, Coping with Cancer
○ Student meditation courses include: Dealing with Distractions, Leaving Home
Headspace for Kids: Guided exercises designed for younger meditators. Topics include: Sleep, Wake Up, Calm, Paying Attention and more.
Single meditations: There are breathing exercises for stressful times, visualization exercises to give you a bit of relief during busy days, and mindfulness exercises to help you relax.
○ Headspace single meditations include exercises on health, happiness, work & performance, and sports
○ These can be guided if you’re new to meditation or unguided if you’re more experienced
○ One-off meditation sessions on sleep, stress, anxiety, work, travel, sports, focus, motivation, training and communication
○ Plus, six SOS sessions to give you some relief during meltdown moments.
Eyes-open exercises: One-off mindfulness exercises designed to add mindfulness to daily activities.
○ Eyes-open exercises include: Walking, Cooking, Eating, Commuting and more