To use Android Auto, youâ€™ll need a phone running Android 5.0 or higher (Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat) and an active data connection. You may also need to update some of your existing apps, such as Google Maps, Google Play Music, or Google Search.
To find out if your car display supports Android Auto and how to enable it, check your ownerâ€™s manual or contact your carâ€™s manufacturer. Once enabled, connect your phone with a high quality USB cable to your car to launch Android Auto.
Learn more about Android Auto at http://www.android.com/auto/
Check out apps for Android Auto at http://g.co/androidauto
For support and known issues: https://support.google.com/androidauto/
What's New in Android Auto - Maps, Media, Messaging & Voice v3.4.582533-release
- • Android Auto now works with any car! Use it directly on your phone screen
- • Just say “Ok Google” to use voice commands, don’t need to touch the screen first
- • Scroll through song lists more easily with the new letter jump feature
- • Swipe to dismiss cards on the homepage screen
- • We want to hear from you! Join the conversation in our community https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-auto