The Matterport 3D Capture System provides a full end-to-end solution to quickly and consistently capture and create dimensionally-accurate and visually-realistic digital twins of your space.
Key App Features:
• Scan with your Matterport Pro 2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D, Pro 3D Camera
• Scan with your supported 360 camera
• Manage the capture process as you move to different locations within a space
• Upload your captured data to your account within the Matterport Cloud, where it is processed into a high-fidelity 3D model.
The Matterport Capture App is the first step in creating your own digital twin:
Step 1 – Capture: use this application to quickly capture depth data and imagery of a space. Connect your mobile device to a supported external camera and scan your space.
Supported external cameras:
• Matterport Pro2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D and Pro 3D
• Ricoh Theta Z1
• Ricoh Theta V
• Ricoh Theta SC2
• Insta360 ONE X
• Insta360 ONE R
• Insta360 ONE X2
360 cameras from Insta360 and Ricoh leverage Matterport's Cortex AI to synthesize depth data.
Step 2 – Upload and View: upload your project to the Matterport Cloud for processing. You’ll be notified when it is complete and you can sign-in to my.matterport.com to interact with your space.
Step 3 – Experience and Share: Experience and share 3D models through the visually stunning Matterport 3D Showcase or launch Workshop to customize, measure or annotate the models.
Requirements and limitations:
• A connected camera is required - scanning with your Android device’s camera is not yet supported
• Android 8.0 (Oreo) or higher
• 3GB or more of RAM
• 64-bit CPU architecture
• Mobile phone or tablet certified by Google and unrooted
• The Ricoh Theta S and Theta SC can connect and enable the scan button, but will hang at 'transferring'. These cameras do not fully support v.2.1 of the Open Spherical Camera (OSC) spec and are unsupported.
• Mobile device app stores default to automatic updates - you can choose to turn this off in your mobile device settings
• Please send questions, comments, bug reports to [email protected]
• You can join Capture beta programs at matterport.com/beta.