It needs the free companion app "Gear S2/S3 Navigation" from Samsung Galaxy Apps to work.
How to use:
- Install Samsung Gear and connect with your Gear smartwatch.
- Install this "Gear Navigation" app.
- Install free "Gear S2/S3 Navigation" app from Samsung Store on your Smartwatch. (Go to: Apps> Samsung Gear > Samsung Galaxy Apps).
- Start Gear Navigation app on your phone.
- Allow the app to read notifications. (Go to: Settings > Security > Notification Access and enable Gear Navigation).
- Start Google Maps Navigation and instructions will be pushed to your smartwatch.
- Ensure your Gear watch is connected to Phone and you have Samsung Gear installed.
- If the app still only shows the "ready" message, please ensure that maps notifications are activated and displayed on your phone (Go to: Settings > More > Applications > Maps and enable "Show notifications").
- Restart smartphone AND Gear watch
- Uninstall from phone, restart phone and reinstall the app
Also compatible with Gear 1, Gear 2 (Normal & Neo), Gear S
What's New in Gear Navigation - Google Maps Navi for S2/S3/Sport v9.31
- Autostart watch app
- Option to show ETA
- New vibration options
- Layout improvements
- More energy efficient
- Support for public transport
- Better localization
- Experimental support for Here WeGo